The Pediatric Trauma Society is now accepting abstracts for their 5th Annual Meeting. Please submit your abstracts today for consideration in the 5th Annual Scientific Program.
Deadline: Monday, May 7th at 11:59 pm EDT
Download Author Instructions
What You Will Need to Complete Your Abstract
You will need the following materials and information in order to complete your abstract in the system:
- Two (2) evidence based references used in developing the abstract, furthermore they should be less than 6 years old unless it is a classic/seminal source. References need to be submitted in MLA style format.
- The presenting authorís full contact information, including email address.
- Abstract text and corresponding tables or charts.
- Previously presented data information.
- Overall objective of the abstract and objective content outline.
- ALL disclosure information for ALL authors in the author block.
- Abdominal & Thoracic Trauma
- Basic/Translational Science
- Clinical Care
- Critical Care
- Education & Injury Prevention
- Emergency Medicine
- Neurosurgery/Neurological Trauma
- Orthopedics/Orthopedic Trauma
- Quality & Process Improvement
- Rehab/Psychology/Social Work
- Trauma Nursing
- Trauma Systems & Epidemiology
- Vascular Trauma
The Joseph J. Tepas, MD Award
Established in 2016, the Joseph J. Tepas, MD Award will be presented to the authors who demonstrate excellence in trauma related research and best exemplifies Dr. Tepas' commitment to education and research. Two awards will be presented: a physician award AND a non-physician award. The lead author for the physician award must be either a medical student, resident, or fellow, in clinical training or a junior faculty member no more than five years past completion of their training. The non-physician award will recognize work in nursing, allied health, or other areas of trauma research.
To be considered for the award:
- The research must be original and related to the continuum of pediatric trauma
- Not previously published or presented at a conference
- One author must be a member of the Pediatric Trauma Society
- The manuscript must be completed and submitted one month prior to the meeting
*Finalists for this award will be notified and must submit an electronic copy of their manuscript to the Society's office 6 weeks prior to the meeting. You may indicate your interest in being considered for this award, by checking the appropriate box during the abstract submission process.
Society of Trauma Nurses (STN) sponsored Nursing Research Paper Competition
The Pediatric Trauma Society (PTS) and the Society of Trauma Nurses (STN) are leaders in promoting trauma nursing, including trauma nursing research and publication. Through a partnership with STN, PTS will host a dedicated nursing research paper competition at the 2018 PTS annual conference. This collaboration will promote and advance nursing research and acknowledge nurses' dedication in the field of pediatric trauma nursing research. Included in the website's submission form will be a list of criteria, FAQs and if needed examples of research. At a session during the 2018 Annual Meeting, a predetermined number of papers submitted will be presented orally. Both the paper and the presentation will be graded by a judging panel. Please note the winner will be required to submit a manuscript to the JTN.
- A nurse is the first and/or senior author
- A nurse is the lead on the project.
- A nurse will be the presenter